Saturday, June 04, 2005

Foggy Friday Memphis Morning

Yesterday morning we had mist and an earthquake, a 4.0 earthquake or so I'm told. But I slept through it all, dreaming odd dreams and eventually waking up to realize I was battling illness and thus needed to stay at home. Today though, I drove to work in the fog. Here is what I saw:


The workers were hard at work kicking up dust, which got lost in the fog.


A woman had black spots painted all over her red VW Bug to make it into a LadyBug.


A shack in a field in the fog. Soon it will be torn down and a neighborhood built here.


Curious cows lounging beneath the trees want to know why I'm looking at them.


On the drive home there was no fog and someone broke out their '32 Ford hotrod. Cool!


Comments:
LOVE the lady bug! :)
 
That's quite a day you had!
 
Stacy, if I ever win the lottery how about I buy you one just like it?

Binsk, yes it was. And if I can ever get to it I have a whole new batch from last weekend to post. Why are buzzards so hard to photograph?
 
Very interesting Lady Bug car! Won't that be fun to trade in one day!
 
Cool...love the shack one. One of those cows probably had a digital camera and downloaded your pic onto their photoblog.
~L.
 
Leesa, I saw her and that car again yesterday. I seem to see the same cars again and again so maybe I can get a better photo one day?

Laura, I had hoped you'd like the foggy shack. And I don't know what to think about those cows. I think they're spies, you know, Al Cowda.
 
how sad about the shack. it looks so quaint.

i am guessing by now there IS indeed a new suburb there.
 
Ute, there is. They've plowed up that entire area and built all over it now. It's sad to see all the open fields go.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?